Fairbanks Employment Law Attorney
The Law Office of Ken Covell, brings over 26 years of experience to people who have been victims of illegal or wrongful treatment in the workplace.
When you are mistreated at work and subject to discipline or discharge, Mr. Covell can help you. Call Now 907-452-4377
Attorney Covell is a former president of the Tanana Valley Bar Association and is well respected by his peers in the legal community. He takes a thorough approach, keeping you fully informed of all developments in your case, as well as your options, so you can make good decisions about your future.
The Firm’s Employment Law Practice
Ken Covell represents employees in workplace disputes, including: disciplinary action, wrongful discharge, grievances, administrative appeals, lawsuits, wage and hour, Overtime claims and any other administrative or legal workplace dispute. Attorney Covell also extensive experience in all forums of workplace disputes. Including: grievances, arbitrations, mediations, administrative hearings, administrative appeals, lawsuits and appeals; in private, state and federal sector employment.
Areas of focus include:
- Wrongful termination, discharge or discipline – Ken Covell will protect you if your rights have been violated, contrary to your employment contract, and or state or federal law.
- Wage and hour (unpaid wage) claims – including situations where your employer failed to pay overtime, vacation pay, or violated laws regarding the payment of wages
- Discrimination at work – including unequal treatment based on gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, pregnancy or sexual orientation.
- Native Hire Preference – Covell has extensive experience in Native Hire Preference cases, and is the most experienced plaintiff’s lawyer in Alaska, in this area; see Malabed vs. NSB, and Conitz vs. Teck Cominco.
- Sexual harassment – whether in the form of sex discrimination, the creation of a hostile environment based on sex, or the proposal of sexual favors for job-related benefits
- Whistleblower and retaliation – Punishment for asserting your rights or disclosing your employer’s violation of law or public policy. Including: filing for workers’ compensation and waste, corruption or fraud in private or public employment as well as Qui Tam actions.
Contact the Law Office of Ken Covell